[openstack-dev] [all] Non-responsive upstream libraries (python34 specifically)

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Fri Jul 17 14:49:24 UTC 2015

Victor Stinner wrote:
> Le 16/07/2015 22:28, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
>> IMO, we should, for the Liberty release, get rid of:
>> - suds & suds-jurko
>
> suds was replaced with suds-jurko (in oslo.vmware, cinder, nova): I
> kicked suds off of global requirements.
>
>> - memcached (in the favor of pymemcache)
>
> As I wrote, I may fork python-memcached. It's just not in my priority
> list right now.

Oh noes, please don't fork it...

I'd rather just focus on any more shift to pymemcache and let bygones be
bygones...

Afaik once https://github.com/pinterest/pymemcache/commit/63a2d96048202
(Introduced HashClient that uses consistent hasing... and Python 3
Support ... commit) is released (the hashing feature that just landed
IMHO makes that client a production-ready fully featured client finally)
then there really is no need to have python-memcached client anymore.