[openstack-dev] [glance] V3 authentication to swift

Jamie Lennox jamielennox at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 01:43:58 UTC 2015

Glancers,

A while ago I wrote an email outlining a couple of ways we could support keystone v3 authentication when using swift as a backend for glance_store. In the long term it would be best to transition swiftclient to use sessions as this would allow us to do more extensive (kerberos, ssl etc) authentication in the future, however this is a longer term plan that requires a lot of effort and coordination. For right now glance->swift is the last piece of devstack that only works with v2 authentication[1] and with a relatively small amount of code we can support v3 username/password which is by far the most common scenario.

I've been prompting for a while on IRC however can I please request some reviews of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193422/ as it has now become a blocker for the v3 authentication effort.

Thanks for your help,

Jamie

[1] Note, that by this i mean that with v2 keystone disabled glance->swift communication is the last thing in the standard devstack gate path that can't be configured to v3. It does not mean that tempest will succeed or that all of OpenStack is v3 compatible just that we can start running meaningful gate jobs.