[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][release] New library release request process

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jul 16 17:15:14 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Anne Gentle's message of 2015-07-16 08:14:54 -0500:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Excerpts from Andreas Jaeger's message of 2015-07-16 08:11:48 +0200:
> > > Doug,
> > >
> > > I'm missing openstackdocstheme and openstack-doc-tools in your import.
> > > How do you want to handle these?
> >
> > There are some tools in the repository to extract the history from a
> > repo. I'll see what I can do for those 2 today.
> >

> Thanks Doug (and Andreas for asking). I was going to look myself since we
> need a release of openstackdocstheme pretty soon.
>
> Much appreciation,
> Anne

One sticking point with these tools is that they don't fit into our
current definition of a deliverable, which is "N repos that share a
launchpad project and version number." I think we have a couple of
options to deal with that:

1. Create separate launchpad projects for each of them, so they can be
managed independently like the other projects.

2. Start releasing and versioning them together.

3. Add support for a deliverable type with no launchpad project, which
would skip the launchpad updates.

I like option 1, with 3 being a fallback. I don't really see option 2 as
viable.

What does everyone else think?

Doug