[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Getting rid of upgrade tarball
vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 16 08:46:23 UTC 2015
By the way, first step for this to happen is to move
stackforge/fuel-web/fuel_upgrade_system into a separate repository.
Fortunately, this directory is not the place where the code is continuously
changing (changes are rather seldom) and moving this project is going to
barely affect the whole development flow. So, action flow is as follows
0) patch to openstack-infra for creating new repository (workflow -1)
1) patch to Fuel CI to create verify jobs
2) freeze stackforge/fuel-web/fuel_upgrade_system directory
3) create upstream repository which is to be sucked in by openstack infra
4) patch to openstack-infra for creating new repository (workflow +1)
5) patch with rpm spec for fuel-upgrade package and other infrastructure
files like run_tests.sh
6) patch to perestroika to build fuel-upgrade package from new repo
7) patch to fuel-main to remove upgrade tarball
8) patch to Fuel CI to remove upgrade tarball
9) patch to fuel-web to remove fuel_upgrade_system directory
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Vladimir Kozhukalov <
vkozhukalov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> I'd like to suggest to get rid of Fuel upgrade tarball and convert this
> thing into fuel-upgrade rpm package. Since we've switched to online rpm/deb
> based upgrades, it seems we can stop packaging rpm/deb repositories and
> docker containers into tarball and instead package upgrade python script
> into rpm. It's gonna decrease the complexity of build process as well as
> make it a little bit faster.
> What do you think of this?
> Vladimir Kozhukalov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev