[openstack-dev] [nova] Why is osapi_v3.enabled = False by default?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 15 17:44:07 UTC 2015

The osapi_v3.enabled option is False by default [1] even though it's
marked as the CURRENT API and the v2 API is marked as SUPPORTED (and
we've frozen it for new feature development).

I got looking at this because osapi_v3.enabled is True in nova.conf in
both the check-tempest-dsvm-nova-v21-full job and non-v21
check-tempest-dsvm-full job, but only in the v21 job is
"x-openstack-nova-api-version: '2.1'" used.

Shouldn't the v2.1 API be enabled by default now?

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/api/openstack/__init__.py#n44

Matt Riedemann