[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Continuing with heat-coe-templates

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 15:21:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 12:00:55AM +0000, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Lars had a repo he maintains.  Magnum had a repo it maintained.  We
> wanted one source of truth.  The deal was we would merge all the
> things into heat-coe-templates, delete larsks/heat-kubernetes and
> delete the magnum templates.  Then there would be one source of
> truth.

I apologize for being out of the loop for a bit; I was stuck out at a
customer site for a while.

I create the heat-coe-templates project at the request of sdake
because it sounded as if (a) magnum wanted to make use of the
templates and have them in a location where there was a better
workflow for submitting and reviewing patches, and (b) magnum wanted
to take the templates in a different direction (with support for other
scheduling engines, etc).

After creating it, there was no activity on it so I stopped paying
attention for a while.  If folks want to use it, we should set up some
additional maintainers and go for it.

I'm going to continue maintaining my own repository as a
strictly-for-kubernetes tool.  I had to make a number of changes to it
recently in order to support a demo at the recent summit, and I am
happy to contribute some of these upstream.

In conclusion: I have very little skin in this game.  I am happy for
folks to make use of the templates if they are useful, and I am
totally happy to let other folks manage the heat-coe-templates
project and take it in a direction completely different from where
things are now.

I leave the decision about where things are going to someone who has a
more vested interest in the resolution.

Cheers,

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}