[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Rally] Cinder API Rally Coverage

Ivan Kolodyazhny e0ne at e0ne.info
Wed Jul 15 12:34:57 UTC 2015

Hi Stackers,

I've created a short list of Cinder API functions (only API v2 and
extensions) and compared it to rally scenarios [2].

We've got pretty good coverage for volumes, snapshots and backups APIs. But
we have not any scenarios for the rest of API methods. Looking throw the
review requests I've found one outdated scenario [3].

We've got blueprint for Rally [4] to implement more scenarios. Let's do it
together! From my perspective, it would be good to have two kinds of tests:

   - simple tests for verify that API works with some concurrency and load;
   - more advanced tests some use-cases: e.g. we've got
   already create_and_restore_volume_backup, create_snapshot_and_attach_volume

Any ideas or feedback are welcome! Let's collaborate together in #cinder
and #rally and make our testing better:).

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-rally-coverage
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/rally/plugins/openstack/scenarios/cinder/volumes.py
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173482/