[openstack-dev] [magnum] The way magnum-conductor communicates with k8s master

OTSUKA, Motohiro yuanying at oeilvert.org
Tue Jul 14 03:11:39 UTC 2015

Hi, Wanghua

>   Currently magnum-conductor can communicates with k8s master which has a floating ip in all-in-one deployment. But if magnum-conductor is not deployed on the neutron network node which has the br-ex, how can magnum-conductor communicate with k8s master. The magnum-conductor node then has no access to the k8s master.
Currently this is a limitation of our architecture.

>   Another question:
>   Magnum-conductor only communicate with k8s master, why k8s minion has a floating ip too? What is the floating ip of k8s minion used for?

I think, there is no reason.
Historically, Our heat template come from larsks/heat-kubernetes [1] template.
larsks/heat-kubernetes provides floating ip to minion nodes, this is just a reason.

[1]: https://github.com/larsks/heat-kubernetes

Thanks
-Yuanying