[openstack-dev] [openstack-announce] End of life for managed stable/icehouse branches

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jul 13 22:33:52 UTC 2015

I missed this announce...

On 07/02/2015 05:32 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Per the Icehouse EOL discussion[1] last month, now that the final
> 2014.1.5 release[2] is behind us I have followed our usual end of
> life steps for stable/icehouse branches on repos under the control
> of the OpenStack Release Cycle Management project-team.
> Specifically, for any repos with the release:managed[3] tag,
> icehouse-specific test jobs were removed from our CI system and all
> open change reviews were abandoned for stable/icehouse. Then the
> final states of the branches were tagged as "icehouse-eol" and the
> branches subsequently deleted.

I believe I asked you about 10 times to keep these branches alive, so
that distributions could work together on a longer support, even without
a CI behind it.

I have also asked for a private gerrit for maintaining the Icehouse
patches after EOL.

While I understand the later means some significant work, I don't
understand why you have deleted the Icehouse branches.

Effectively, under these conditions, I am giving up doing any kind of
coordination between distros for security patches of Icehouse. :(

Thomas Goirand (zigo)