[openstack-dev] [neutron] Adding results to extension callbacks

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 13:58:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

I sent a simple patch to check the possibility to add results to callbacks:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/201127/

This will allow us to decouple the callback logic from the ML2 plugin in the QoS scenario where we need to update the agents in case the profile_id on a port/network changes.
It will also allow for a cleaner way to extend resource attributes as AFTER_READ callbacks can return a dict of fields to add to the original resource instead of mutating it directly.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.

Regards,
Mike