[openstack-dev] [puppet] running tempest on beaker jobs

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 11:50:59 UTC 2015

On 07/12/2015 11:29 PM, Matt Fischer wrote:
> We used Tempest for a time against our production environment. It was a
> pain to clean up but ephemeral test jobs solves that for you. A few
> questions:
>
> What version of tempest will be using?

master for now. We will see if new tags are created later.
AFIK, tags mean Tempest does not support an old version of OpenStack
(ie, tempest 5 only support juno / kilo / current (liberty)).

> Will we maintain a blacklist if there are known failures? (although this
> is a pain to keep updated)

I don't think we'll have to, since tempest already provide some Python
decorators to skip some bugs. If that happens, yes we'll have to find a
way to exclude some tests or disable the run at all. That's why having
it running without affecting job return code does not break anything now.