[openstack-dev] [Cinder]Restrict volume creation based on type

Eduard Matei eduard.matei at cloudfounders.com
Mon Jul 13 04:56:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

Forgot to mention, indeed we configured extra_specs: volume_backend_name.
The problem is that a volume of this type can get scheduled on a node where
c-vol is not configured with this backend.

F.e.: I have 3 storage nodes (c-vol) and two have the driver configured,
the third one doesn't have it; when i try to create a volume of this type,
sometimes the c-vol on third node gets the call, and it fails because the
driver is not configured.

Maybe we didn't configure something properly, i tried looking at c-sch but
i can't figure out why the third node got chosen.

Thanks,

Eduard