[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Separate repo for Fuel Agent

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Fri Jul 10 15:38:21 UTC 2015

Guys, we are next to moving fuel_agent directory into a separate
repository. Action flow is going to be as follows:

1) Create verify jobs on our CI https://review.fuel-infra.org/#/c/9186
(DONE)
2) Freeze fuel_agent directory in https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web
(will announce in a separate mail thread). That means we stop merging
patches into master which change fuel_agent directory. Unfortunately, all
review requests need to be re-sent, but it is not going to be very
difficult.
3) Create temporary upstream repository with fuel_agent/* as a content. I'm
not planning to move 5.x and 6.x branches. Only master. So, all fixes for
5.x and 6.x will be living in fuel-web.
4) This upstream repository is going to be sucked in by openstack-infra.
Patch is here https://review.openstack.org/#/c/199178/ (review is welcome)
I don't know how long it is going to take. Will try to poke infra people to
do this today.
5) Then we need to accept two patches into new fuel-agent repository:
 - rpm spec (extraction from fuel-web/specs/nailgun.spec) (ready, but there
is no review request)
 - run_tests.sh (to run tests) (ready, but there is no review request)

!!! By this moment there won't be any impact on ISO build process !!!

6) Then we need to change two things at the same time (review is welcome)
  - fuel-web/specs/nailgun.spec in order to prevent fuel-agent package
building  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200595
  - fuel-main so as to introduce new fuel-agent repository into the build
process https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200025

And good luck to me -)

Vladimir Kozhukalov