[openstack-dev] [Cinder]Restrict volume creation based on type

Eduard Matei eduard.matei at cloudfounders.com
Fri Jul 10 08:36:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

We've been testing a multi-node setup with our driver and ended up in a
strange situation:
- having a driver configured on multiple cinder nodes (But not all)
- having a volume type (available)
- creating a volume with specified volume type causes the volume to be
created (attempted) on a node where the driver is not configured.

We found something called "storage_availability_zone" but not quite
understood it, and it looks like an extra choice in the "Create volume
wizard" (which can be skipped/forgotten).

So, question:
- can we "force" a volume type to be tied to specific nodes? (something
like availability zones, but determined based on volume type, not a
separate setting)

*Eduard Biceri Matei, Senior Software Developer*
www.cloudfounders.com