[openstack-dev] [Magnum][Anchor][Barbican] Magnum as a CA

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Fri Jul 10 00:34:01 UTC 2015

Team,

We held the IRC discussion as scheduled today 2015-07-09 at 23:30 in #openstack-containers. We tried using Meetbot to log the meeting but that apparently failed because we crossed the date line to July 10th before we ended the meeting, so the transcript is available in two parts starting here:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-containers/%23openstack-containers.2015-07-09.log.html#t2015-07-09T23:30:24

And ending here:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-containers/%23openstack-containers.2015-07-10.log.html#t2015-07-10T00:05:29

High Level Summary:

Attendees:

adrian_otto
sdake
madhuri
yuanying
sicarie
redrobot

Key Decision:

#agreed Magnum will use Barbican for an initial implementation for certificate generation and secure storage/retrieval.  We will commit to a second phase of development to eliminating the hard requirement on Barbican with an alternate implementation that implements the functional equivalent implemented in Magnum, which may depend on libraries, but not Barbican.

We also received a statement of support from redrobot (Douglas Mendizabal, Barbican PTL) to assist Magnum devs to produce a successful integration with Barbican.

I will reference this decision in our upcoming team meeting on Tuesday 2015-07-14 at 2200 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt.

Thanks everyone for your attention!

Regards,

Adrian