[openstack-dev] Cinder as generic volume manager

Walter A. Boring IV walter.boring at hp.com
Thu Jul 9 22:19:09 UTC 2015

On 07/09/2015 12:21 PM, Tomoki Sekiyama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just FYI, here is a sample script I'm using for testing os-brick which
> attaches/detaches the cinder volume to the host using cinderclient and
> os-brick:
>
> https://gist.github.com/tsekiyama/ee56cc0a953368a179f9
>
> "python attach.py <volume-uuid>" will attach the volume to the executed
> host and shows a volume path. When you hit the enter key, the volume is
> detached.
>
> Note this is skipping "reserve" or "start_detaching" APIs so the volume
> state is not changed to "Attaching" or "Detaching".
>
> Regards,
> Tomoki

Very cool Tomoki.  After chatting with folks in the Cinder IRC channel
it looks like we are going to look at going with something more like what
your script is doing.   We are most likely going to create a separate
command
line tool that does this same orchestration, using cinder client, a new
Cinder
API that John Griffith is working on, and os-brick.

Walt