[openstack-dev] [glance] Progress of the Python 3 port

Ian Cordasco ian.cordasco at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Jul 9 14:29:02 UTC 2015

On 7/9/15, 06:25, "Victor Stinner" <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>gate-glance-python34 is now voting!
>
>Ian Cordasco and Erno Kuvaja approved my two last patches to port
>glance_store to Python 3: thanks. "tox -e py34" now pass successfully,
>cool! I proposed a "Make gate-glance_store-python34 voting, add gate"
>patch to avoid Python 3 regressions in glance_store:
>
>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200014/
>
>Would it be possible to schedule a release of glance_store to get these
>Python 3 fixes?
>
>It would avoid the ugly (slow) requirement in glance requirements.txt:
>
>-e git+https://github.com/openstack/glance_store.git#egg=glance_store
>
>(This line caused issues because tools became more strict recently.)
>
>Victor

Thanks for your hard work Victor! I'll bring up a new release today in the
Glance meeting (currently running) and see if Nik and I can bug the
release managers for a new release today.

Cheers,
Ian