[openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Plans for using Pre-2.0 Ansible modules

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Jul 9 14:23:06 UTC 2015

Sam thanks for the review / heads up, that's awesome!

--

Kevin Carter

________________________________
From: Sam Yaple <samuel at yaple.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:57 AM
To: Steven Dake (stdake)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Plans for using Pre-2.0 Ansible modules

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the offer. We had discussed pulling in the module you wrote for OSAD originally. The main blocker was we had an internal requirement of being able to use Keystone v3 api. I have looked at the patch to make OSAD v3, but it appears you are importing v3 directly rather than letting the module decide whether to use v2.0 or v3. That may not work for our community, but I will dig into it to determine if that conflicts with anything for us. I will follow the patchset and once it merges Kolla can discuss using that if it meets our needs until the Ansible Shade modules land.

Additionally, I have left a review pointing you to an issue you may run into with creating all of the endpoints with v3 directly as it appears you are doing in that patchset's playbooks.

Sam Yaple