[openstack-dev] [python-openstacksdk] Moratorium on services, features until post-1.0

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Jul 8 22:08:37 UTC 2015

On Jul 7, 2015, at 11:34 AM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:

> In the interest of moving towards a 1.0 release of OpenStack SDK,
> we're going to halt accepting any new resources on existing services,
> and any entirely new services. After release, we'll open back up and
> both deepen and broaden our support for other OpenStack services.
>
> We currently have a backlog of functional tests, documentation, and a
> number of bugs in existing services and base classes that we need to
> be able to work through without changing the size and scope of what we
> need to get done. There are a couple of existing reviews that we'll
> work through to completion, but anything new that adds support for
> talking to something on the server-side is going to be -2'ed until we
> get 1.0 out. The only exception should be if something is entirely
> broken due to lack of support, which we'll evaluate.

You can find that backlog here.

https://launchpad.net/python-openstacksdk/+milestone/1.0

If you’re interested in helping out, you can find us in #openstack-sdks or have a look at the contributor docs

http://python-openstacksdk.readthedocs.org/en/latest/#for-contributors

Everett