[openstack-dev] OpenStack Meiji (明治) - Our next release name has been selected

Jaesuk Ahn bluejay.ahn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:21:26 UTC 2015

> I just wonder why nobody raised issues with the name while it was on the
> proposed names wiki page, while it was on the ballot, or while it was
> under final consideration. We've known that "Meiji" was an option for
> one month, and that it was #3 in the candidate names for more than 2
> weeks. And yet nobody ever raised any issue with it until it was
> officially chosen and announced, at which point it's a lot more
> difficult to change.

I have been aware of this potential issue since it was on the ballot. I
actually hesitated to raise this issue worrying it might cause un-wanted
debate between members. I basically thought voting process would filter
this kind of controversial word. Then, I saw that this name was #3, and
thought I did not need to raise the issue since it was not on the top.

As Thierry said, I should have raised the issue back then, not at this last
moment. I sincerely apologize for that. I have my lesson learned throughout
this case.

BTW, I have to say that I am really happy that we are able to resolve this
kind of difficult issue as a community, respecting each other.

--
Jaesuk Ahn