[openstack-dev] [nova] why eventlet.monkey_patch(os=False) in nova

ChangBo Guo glongwave at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:51:38 UTC 2015

we use eventlet in nova code base , at the beginning of  each nova service
we monkey_patched standard libraries like:

import eventlet

from nova import debugger

if debugger.enabled():
    # turn off thread patching to enable the remote debugger
    eventlet.monkey_patch(os=False, thread=False)
else:
    eventlet.monkey_patch(os=False)

I find an related comments about monkey_patch(os=False) from Cinder code:
if os.name == 'nt':
    # eventlet monkey patching the os module causes subprocess.Popen to fail
    # on Windows when using pipes due to missing non-blocking IO support.
    eventlet.monkey_patch(os=False)
else:
    eventlet.monkey_patch()

My question is : Is there any other reason we didn't monkey_patch os in Nova

--
ChangBo Guo(gcb)