[openstack-dev] OpenStack Meiji (明治) - Our next release name has been selected

Jaesuk Ahn bluejay.ahn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:30:29 UTC 2015

"Mitaka" seems very beautiful name. I am pretty sure it will be really
beautiful city as Michael described. Anyway, I will follow any process to
pick the name.

As long as I know, there has already been active discussion on versioning.
Switching from year-based policy to sem versioning.

For the release name, although it can create unexpected debate like this
one, I personally think using word can have its own benefit. If the number
is everything to describe a release, it is less fun for sure. =)

I am pretty sure we can come up with better way to have our release name. I
will actively participate such discussion.

Cheers,

Jaesuk Ahn, Ph.D.
member of OpenStack Community..