[openstack-dev] [api][nova][ironic] Microversion API HTTP header

Bruno Morel bmorel at internap.com
Tue Jul 7 19:18:01 UTC 2015

+1 on all of Jay's conclusions. :)

I¹m pretty new to OpenStack, but not at all to API, REST API, and web
development in general, and I concur : ŒNova¹, ŒSwift¹, ŒKeystone¹ and so
on makes it very hard to learn how things work in OpenStack and what each
of those parts are responsible with.
I¹ll be honest, I had to print this schema
(http://getcloudify.org/img/blog/openstackdiagram.jpg) and put the name on
it to be able to sort myself out of it. :)
I would also agree that projects/teams can keep their secret Œin the
family¹ name for differentiation (and also facilitate coopetition) and
tools, but I would love to be able to abstract it at some level (the
service level seems perfect for that).

As a dev, this get my votes. All of them in fact :)
As long as we can agree on the function of each service and associate a
name that has a natural don¹t-need-a-map-to-get-it, I¹m all for it.

Best,

Bruno Morel
Internap / iWeb Technologies