[openstack-dev] [all] ALL dependencies pinned in devstack-gate now

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 3 09:30:43 UTC 2015

Robert Collins wrote:
> On 3 July 2015 at 21:01, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> - Does that (or should that) also affect stable/kilo and stable/juno ?
>> (there is no upper-constraints there)
>
> No, and since the disruption of a new pbr and associated minimum
> versions throughout stable would be huge, I've no plans to backport
> it. If folk wanted to (e.g. if stable suffers from lots of firedrills
> even with the caps we added last time) I can throw up some patches and
> we can see about it: but its a big effort requiring point releases of
> /everything/ (because of the pbr version issue).

Since caps were only placed on OpenStack libraries, I still expect quite
a lot of firedrills on stable/juno and stable/kilo.

But there is a cost/benefit tradeoff there, and you know better than me
how painful backporting this would be. I guess as long as there is light
at the end of the tunnel (i.e. stable/liberty benefits from the change),
we get the future covered.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)