[openstack-dev] [all] ALL dependencies pinned in devstack-gate now

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Fri Jul 3 09:25:31 UTC 2015

On 3 July 2015 at 10:17, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 3 July 2015 at 21:01, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
<SNIP>
>> - Does that (or should that) also affect stable/kilo and stable/juno ?
>> (there is no upper-constraints there)
>
> No, and since the disruption of a new pbr and associated minimum
> versions throughout stable would be huge, I've no plans to backport
> it. If folk wanted to (e.g. if stable suffers from lots of firedrills
> even with the caps we added last time) I can throw up some patches and
> we can see about it: but its a big effort requiring point releases of
> /everything/ (because of the pbr version issue).

At the moment, it seems that additional point releases need to be
created on-demand - but the situation does seem better than it did a
year ago.  Is it less effort to do this across the board, once for all
stable/* or continue the current process?

Long term, we'll benefit from this on stable/liberty - but defining a
process for the old world is probably useful.

Thanks

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker