[openstack-dev] [all]deprecating [test-]requirements-PYN.txt

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Thu Jul 2 20:22:03 UTC 2015

On 29 June 2015 at 04:59, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> Hi, so we're nearly ready to deprecate the python-version-specific
> requirements files. Once we have infra's requirements cross checking
> jobs all copacetic again, we should be able to move forward.
>
> There isn't a specific spec for this in pbr, and I wanted to get some
> broad input into the manner of the deprecation.
<SNIP>

Slightly offtopic, but I've noticed that some consumers of bandit[0]
have been creating requirements-bandit.txt.  This is to specify bandit
requirements without requiring the whole test-requirements.txt env to
be installed, to run what is essentially a linting tool.

I'm not sure I like the idea of creating MORE requirements.txt style
files as it pollutes the project root namespace and currently has no
syncing from global-requirements.

I wondered if you had any ideas on how to solve this for bandit usage,
and potentially other projects?

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security/Projects/Bandit

--
Kind Regards,