[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder][qa] encrypted volumes tests don't actually test encrypted volumes for most backends

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 1 20:32:55 UTC 2015

On 6/30/2015 6:47 PM, Mike Perez wrote:
> On 12:24 Jun 26, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> <snip>
>> So the question is, is everyone OK with this and ready to make that change?
>
> Thanks for all your work on this Matt.
>
> I'm fine with this. I say bite the bullet and we'll see the CI's surface that
> aren't skipping or failing this test.
>
> I will communicate with CI maintainers on the CI list about failures as I've
> been doing, and reference this thread and the meeting discussion.

Just a status report on this since there are a lot of moving parts:

1. The tempest change merged: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193831/

2. The devstack change is approved: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193834/

3. The d-g change is still under review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193835/

4. Tom Barron opened a couple of nova bugs for issues found by third
party CI on the cinder change:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1470142

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1470562

I have patches up in nova for both of those bugs.

Matt Riedemann