[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - breaking changes for plugins/drivers

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Jul 1 13:33:48 UTC 2015

One of the hidden costs of an external plugin that things break. This is something that happens to us at least once a week. We have been proactive in this by doing the following:

  1.  Running the decomposed plugin unit tests with every neutron change - this gives us an indication of which patch broke and why
  2.  Running the Ci

The onus is on the decomposed maintainers.

Having said that the ability to actually do some development is liberating.

A luta continua