[openstack-dev] Which repo should the API WG use?

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Jan 30 22:40:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 22:33 +0000, Everett Toews wrote:
> It was suggested that the API WG use the openstack-specs [1] and/or
> the api-wg [2] repo to publish its guidelines. We’ve already arrived
> at the consensus that we should only use 1 repo [3]. So the purpose of
> this thread is to decide...
>
> Should the API WG use the openstack-specs repo or the api-wg repo?
>
> Let’s discuss.

Well, the guidelines are just that: guidelines.  They don't implicitly
propose changes to any OpenStack projects, just provide guidance for
future API changes.  Thus, I think they should go in a repo separate
from any of our *-specs repos; to me, a spec provides documentation of a
change, and is thus independent of the guidelines.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace