[openstack-dev] problems with instance consoles and novnc

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Jan 29 04:13:56 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm playing around with nova (current trunk) and I've hit an odd issue.

I can get the novnc console for instances to show up on iceweasel 31.3.0, but it
doesn't work in konqueror, internet explorer, or firefox 31.0.  Anyone got any
ideas where to start digging?

In the problematic cases it takes a few seconds and then I see "noVNC ready:
native Websockets, canvas rendering" for a couple seconds, and then it flips to
the red bar with "Connect timeout" in the middle.

With Iceweasel it's basically instantaneous and I get a console almost immediately.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start digging?

Thanks,
Chris