[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Heat] How to bind IP&MAC for a stack VM resources

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 02:51:50 UTC 2015

Yes, reference is a problem. I see that we already have a resource
OS::Neutron::Port , but the problem is that we need to specify MAC & IP
manually for this resource and it is difficult to use this resource in a
autoscaling group.

https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/cfn/F17/Neutron.template

I will try to file a bp to see if we can introduce a new source such as
OS::Heat::PortPool etc to heat.

Thanks!

> > > create
> this
> > > port.

> neutron
> stack
> > >
> > > Who maintains that pool? Is the maintainer providing an API for port
> > > allocation? Or ... the pool itself is a new resource type?
> > >
> > The pool was created by a tenant user as heat do not have such kind of
> > resource type for now.  Once the pool was created, I want to use the
> ports
> > in my stack resources.
>
> Are you considering propose a spec to add that kind of a resource type
> to Heat? Or you can try generating such a pool using ResourceGroup?
> Then the question becomes referencing a member from a ResourceGroup, I
> think.
>
> Regards,
>   Qiming
>

> > > Regards,