[openstack-dev] [tc] Take back the naming process

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 28 15:27:38 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-28 10:29:38 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> The proposal as it stands (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/150604/4)
> currently excludes all non-ATCs from voting, though. The wider
> "community" was included in previous iterations of the naming process,
> so this very much feels like a TC power grab.
[...]

The only reason I'm in favor of that simplification is logistics. If
representatives of our developer community are expected to run this
poll on our own then ATCs are an electorate we're able to produce
for that purpose. If it's going to be a vote across all OpenStack
Foundation individual members instead, then that election will need
to be run by (or at least in close cooperation with) the same people
who currently manage the board elections.
--
Jeremy Stanley