[openstack-dev] [tc] Take back the naming process

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Jan 28 13:54:35 UTC 2015

Quick top-post apology...

It's entirely possible that there are people who are reading these lists
who do not personally know me or my tendency to overuse hyperbole.

I would like to formally apologize for both the subject of this thread
and my use of the word autocratic. They are both inflammatory and both
imply a level malice or ill-will that I'm certain is not present in anyone.

The salient point is that a thing that in the past felt both open and
fun this time around seemed to become more opaque and heavy handed. I
think, as I've said elsewhere, that we need to be very careful with
decisions, however well meaning, that take place outside of the public
context.

So please accept my apology for my language - and please engage with me
in the discussion around how to make sure people don't inadvertently
begin to feel disenfranchised.

Thanks,
Monty