[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Cluster replaced deployment of provisioning information

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 28 11:45:48 UTC 2015

> It's not clear what problem you are going to solve with putting serializers
> alongside with deployment scripts/tasks.

I see two possible uses for specific serializer for tasks:
1. Compute additional information for deployment based not only on what is
present in astute.yaml
2. Request information from external sources based on values stored in fuel
inventory (like some token based on credentials)

For sure there is no way for this serializers to have access to the
> database,
> because with each release there will be a huge probability to get this
> serializers broken for example because of changes in database schema.
> As Dmitry mentioned in this case solution is to create another layer
> which provides stable external interface to the data.
> We already to have this interface where we support versioning and backward
> compatibility, in terms of deployment script it's astute.yaml file.

That is the problem, it is impossible to cover everything by astute.yaml.
We need to think on a way to present all data available in nailgun as
deployment configuration