[openstack-dev] [Nova] Requirements.txt and optional requirements

Silvan Kaiser silvan at quobyte.com
Wed Jan 28 09:19:03 UTC 2015

Hi All!
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll remove xattr from the requirements in my change set.
Currently i'm working on a workaround to execute 'getfattr' instead of the
xattr api call. We can asure getfattr is available via package dependencies
of our client who has to be installed either way.

I'm also checking out your proposal in parallel, i cannot find any
documentation about the 'configuration management manifests', do you mean
the puppet manifests? Otherwise, could somebody please give me a pointer to
their documentation, etc.?

Best regards
Silvan

> On 01/27/2015 09:13 AM, Silvan Kaiser wrote:
>
>> Am 27.01.2015 um 16:51 schrieb Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com>:
>>> b) The Glance API image cache can use xattr if SQLite is not
>>> desired [1], and Glance does *not* list xattr as a dependency in
>>> requirements.txt. Swift also has a dependency on python-xattr [2].
>>> So, this particular Python library is not an unknown by any means.
>>>
>> Do you happen to know how Glance handles this if the dep. is not
>> handled in requirements.txt?
>>

> Yep, it's considered a documentation thing and handled in configuration
> management manifests...
>
> Best,
> -jay

*Quobyte* GmbH
Boyenstr. 41 - 10115 Berlin-Mitte - Germany
+49-30-814 591 800 - www.quobyte.com
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 149012B
management board: Dr. Felix Hupfeld, Dr. Björn Kolbeck, Dr. Jan Stender