[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Cluster replaced deployment of provisioning information

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 27 23:01:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Vladimir Kuklin <vkuklin at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> This is an interesting topic. As per our discussions earlier, I suggest
> that in the future we move to different serializers for each granule of our
> deployment, so that we do not need to drag a lot of senseless data into
> particular task being executed. Say, we have a fencing task, which has a
> serializer module written in python. This module is imported by Nailgun and
> what it actually does, it executes specific Nailgun core methods that
> access database or other sources of information and retrieve data in the
> way this task wants it instead of adjusting the task to the only
> 'astute.yaml'.

I like this idea, and to make things easier we may provide read only access
for plugins, but i am not sure that everyone will agree
to expose database to distributed task serializers. It may be quite fragile
and we wont be able to change anything internally, consider
refactoring of volumes or networks.

On the other hand if we will be able to make single public interface for
inventory (this is how i am calling part of nailgun that is reponsible
for cluster information storage) and use that interface (through REST Api
??) in component that will be responsible for deployment serialization and
execution.

Basically, what i am saying is that we need to split nailgun to
microservices, and then reuse that api in plugins or in config generators
right in library.