[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators] [Keystone] flush expired tokens and moves deleted instance

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Jan 27 21:33:55 UTC 2015

The problem with running in memcached is now you have to keep _EVERY_
token in RAM. This is not any cheaper than cleaning out a giant on-disk
table.

Also worth noting is that memcached can produce frustrating results unless
you run it with -M. That is because without -M, your tokens may be removed
well before their expiration and well before memcached fills up if the
slabs that are allocated in the early days of running are filled up.
Also single users that have many tokens will overrun the per-item limit
in memcached with the size of the token ID list.

There's no magic bullet.. just trade-offs that may or may not work well
for your site.

Excerpts from John Dewey's message of 2015-01-27 10:41:33 -0800: