[openstack-dev] required libvirtd/qemu versions for numa support?

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 16:11:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 03:37:48PM -0800, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 01/26/2015 07:33 AM, Chris Friesen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm interested in the recent work around NUMA support for guest
> >instances
> >(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/virt-driver-numa-placement), but
> >I'm having some difficulty figuring out what versions of libvirt and
> >qemu are required.
> >
> > From the research that I've done it seems like qemu 2.1 might be
> >required, but I've been unable to find a specific version listed in the
> >nova requirements or in the openstack global requirements.  Is it there
> >and I just can't find it?

Although, the MIN_LIBVIRT_NUMA_TOPOLOGY_VERSION points to libvirt 1.0.4. I
think newer the QEMU/libvirt, the better off you'll be. Specifically, upstream
libvirt has had some fixes in NUMA placement/vCPU pinning area -- so maybe you
can pick the newest upstream release 1.2.12, that was done today. (If you use
Fedora, it's already available in Fedora Rawhide distribution.)

--
/kashyap