[openstack-dev] [Fuel] fuel master monitoring

Fabrizio Soppelsa fsoppelsa at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 27 10:17:50 UTC 2015

The proposed monitoring options make sense, since the Fuel master has nothing yet, but I would like to ressurect this thread to see if we can discuss some strategies in order to avoid the /var/log fillup with consequent docker containers corruption.

Now, a customer facing this corruption can recover the master, as described in our documentation [1].
Of course, if we could avoid the problem at all, it would be even better. So, do we have a strategy in progress on this?

As a first attempt, I filed a blueprint, proposing to separate /var/log [2].

Thanks,
Fabrizio.

[1] http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.1/operations.html#fuel-master-and-docker-disk-space-troubleshooting <http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.1/operations.html#fuel-master-and-docker-disk-space-troubleshooting>
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/isolate-var-log-on-master <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/isolate-var-log-on-master>