[openstack-dev] [QA] Prototype of the script for Tempest auto-configuration

Albert albert.vico at midokura.com
Mon Jan 26 17:13:24 UTC 2015

HI,

We at midokura have this automated as well, let me explain our flow so may be it useful for you guys:

In my opinion tempest autoconf tool should be extremely bounded to rc files where the credentials are, plus the url of the keystone, those are the minimum requiremenets for such tool, after that it is just straight forward to feed it with the rest of the details.

Our current approach is that we deploy our cloud with ansible and we produce a tempest.con with that deployment, then I fetch this file that is sitting in the controller node, and move it wherever is my tempest host and through some python script and the help of simpleconfigparser I finalise to set it up for our use.

best,
Albert