[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [UI] Deploy Changes dialog redesign

Julia Aranovich jkirnosova at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 26 08:39:12 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Since we changed Deploy Changes pop-up and added processing of role limits
and restrictions <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126930/> I would like to
raise a question of it's subsequent refactoring.

In particular, I mean 'changes' attribute of cluster model. It's displayed
in Deploy Changes dialog in the following format
<http://s2.postimg.org/ak9inonhl/deploy_changes_dialog.png>:

   - Changed disks configuration on the following nodes:
   - <node_name_list>
   - Changed interfaces configuration on the following nodes:
      - <node_name_list>
   - Changed network settings
   - Changed OpenStack settings

This list looks absolutely useless.

It doesn't make any sense to display lists of new, not deployed nodes with
changed disks/interfaces. It's obvious I think that new nodes attributes
await deployment. At the same time user isn't able to change
disks/interfaces on deployed nodes (at least in UI). So, such node name
lists are definitely redundant.
Networks and settings are also locked after deployment finished.

I tend to get rid of cluster model 'changes' attribute at all.

It is important for me to know your opinion, to make a final decision.
Please feel free and share your ideas and concerns if any.

Regards,
Julia

--
Kind Regards,