[openstack-dev] About fix of validate name string length at API level

Zou, Yun zou.yun at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 26 04:39:43 UTC 2015

To: Mark McClain
Cc: Akihiro Motoki
Cc: Assaf Muller, Armando Migliaccio, Oleg Bondarev, Toshiaki Higuchi
Cc: Carl Baldwin, Aaron Rosen, Paul Michali, Rossella Sblendido

Hello, Mark McClain. I'm working on a bug fix [1] of validate name string length at API level.
This fix let neutron return 400 BadRequest Error instead of internal 500 DB Error in an user operation.
Then, Akihiro Motoki kindly told me that he worked on a similar issue [2], and you have reminded him about non-db backend plugin.
I would like to take a consensus about this non-db backend plugin issue, before I move on my work.
I have looked at the code of devstack [3], and it shows that neutron API server will not be installed if there is not any $DATABASE_BACKENDS been enabled.
So I don't know what should we really take care about in this fix.
Could you tell me your original concern or the picture you are imaging, please?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145660/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84708/
[3] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/stack.sh.html

Best regards,