[openstack-dev] [oslo] [nova] [all] potential enginefacade adjustment - can everyone live with this?

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 19:47:47 UTC 2015

Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Mike Bayer wrote:
>> Mike Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:

>> so Doug -
>>
>> How does this “influence of API” occur, would oslo.db import
>> oslo_context.context and patch onto RequestContext at that point? Or the
>> other way around? Or… ?
>
> No, it's a social thing. I didn't want dependencies between
> oslo.messaging and oslo.log, but the API of the context needs to support
> use cases in both places.
>
> Your case might be different, in that we might need to actually have
> oslo.context depend on oslo.db in order to call some setup code. We'll
> have to think about whether that makes sense and what other dependencies
> it might introduce between the existing users of oslo.context.

hey Doug -

for the moment, I have oslo_db.sqlalchemy.enginefacade applying its descriptors at import time onto oslo_context:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/138215/30/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py

https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=openstack/oslo.db.git;a=blob;f=oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py;h=3f76678a6c9788f62288c8fa5ef520db8dff2c0a;hb=bc33d20dc6db2f8e5f8cb02b4eb5f97d24dafb7a#l692

https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=openstack/oslo.db.git;a=blob;f=oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py;h=3f76678a6c9788f62288c8fa5ef520db8dff2c0a;hb=bc33d20dc6db2f8e5f8cb02b4eb5f97d24dafb7a#l498