[openstack-dev] [Cinder][3rd CI] Confused about “*real* storage backend”requirement for 3rd CI.

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 19:08:28 UTC 2015

On 11:30 Fri 23 Jan     , Bharat Kumar wrote:
> Liu,
>
> Yes, by default DevStack configures cinder with "LVM". But we can
> customize DevStack to configure cinder with our own backend ("real
> storage backend").
>
> Below is the link to the path, enables Automatic Configuration of
> GlusterFS for Cinder using devstack:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/133102/
>
> And also below it the link to Configure CEPH with Cinder using devstack:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/65113/
>
> Above two are old way of "real storage" plugin implementation. Sean
> Dague proposed a new way of devstack plugin implementation. Have a
> look at below two links:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/142805/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/142805/7/doc/source/plugins.rst

Just want to clarify that you don't have to make any changes in upstream
devstack to configure devstack to use your volume driver. Information for
configuring Devstack to use your driver as mentioned earlier can be found here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers#How_do_I_configure_DevStack_so_my_Driver_Passes_Tempest.3F

--
Mike Perez