[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Thoughts on the nova<->neutron interface

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Fri Jan 23 15:04:58 UTC 2015

Hi,
As Salvatore mentioned this was one of the things that we discussed at the
San Diego summit many years ago. I like the idea of using an RPC interface
to speak with Neutron (we could do a similar thing with Cinder, glance
etc). This would certainly address a number of issues with the interfaces
that we use at the moment. It is certainly something worthwhile discussing
next week.
We would need to understand how to define versioned API¹s, how to deal
with extensions etc.
Thanks
Gary