[openstack-dev] [Policy][Group-based-policy] ODL Policy Driver Specs

Sachi Gupta sachi.gupta at tcs.com
Fri Jan 23 09:04:07 UTC 2015

Hi Yapeng, Sumit,

In Openstack GBP command line, for l2policy help, there is an argument
--network that can be passed. Can you please elaborate on which network do
we need to pass here and what is the use of the same.

gbp l2policy-create --help
usage: gbp l2policy-create [-h] [-f {html,json,shell,table,value,yaml}]
                           [-c COLUMN] [--max-width <integer>]
                           [--prefix PREFIX] [--request-format {json,xml}]

                           [--tenant-id TENANT_ID] [--description
DESCRIPTION]
                           [--network NETWORK] [--l3-policy L3_POLICY]
                           NAME

Create a L2 Policy for a given tenant.

positional arguments:
  NAME                  Name of L2 Policy to create

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  --request-format {json,xml}
                        The XML or JSON request format.
  --tenant-id TENANT_ID
                        The owner tenant ID.
  --description DESCRIPTION
                        Description of the L2 Policy
  --network NETWORK     Network to map the L2 Policy
  --l3-policy L3_POLICY
                        L3 Policy uuid

Also, the PTG help includes an additional subnet parameter. Please also
provide inputs on it.

stack at tcs-ThinkCentre-M58p:/home/tcs/JUNIPER/gbp_openstack_odl/devstack$
gbp policy-target-group-create --help
usage: gbp policy-target-group-create [-h]
                                      [-f
{html,json,shell,table,value,yaml}]
                                      [-c COLUMN] [--max-width <integer>]
                                      [--prefix PREFIX]
                                      [--request-format {json,xml}]
                                      [--tenant-id TENANT_ID]
                                      [--description DESCRIPTION]
                                      [--l2-policy L2_POLICY]
                                      [--provided-policy-rule-sets
PROVIDED_POLICY_RULE_SETS]
                                      [--consumed-policy-rule-sets
CONSUMED_POLICY_RULE_SETS]
                                      [--network-service-policy
NETWORK_SERVICE_POLICY]
                                      [--subnets SUBNETS]
                                      NAME
Create a Policy Target Group for a given tenant.
positional arguments:
  NAME                  Name of Policy Target Group to create

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  --request-format {json,xml}
                        The XML or JSON request format.
  --tenant-id TENANT_ID
                        The owner tenant ID.
  --description DESCRIPTION
                        Description of the Policy Target Group
  --l2-policy L2_POLICY
                        L2 policy uuid

  --provided-policy-rule-sets PROVIDED_POLICY_RULE_SETS
                        Dictionary of provided policy rule set uuids
  --consumed-policy-rule-sets CONSUMED_POLICY_RULE_SETS
                        Dictionary of consumed policy rule set uuids
  --network-service-policy NETWORK_SERVICE_POLICY
                        Network service policy uuid
  --subnets SUBNETS     List of neutron subnet uuids

output formatters:
  output formatter options

  -f {html,json,shell,table,value,yaml}, --format
{html,json,shell,table,value,yaml}
                        the output format, defaults to table
  -c COLUMN, --column COLUMN
                        specify the column(s) to include, can be repeated

table formatter:
  --max-width <integer>
                        Maximum display width, 0 to disable

shell formatter:
  a format a UNIX shell can parse (variable="value")

  --prefix PREFIX       add a prefix to all variable names

Thanks & Regards
Sachi Gupta

From:   Yapeng Wu <Yapeng.Wu at huawei.com>
To:     Sachi Gupta <sachi.gupta at tcs.com>, "OpenStack Development Mailing