[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Plugins for Fuel: repo, doc, spec - where?
mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 22 22:25:09 UTC 2015
we've implemented pluggable architecture piece in 6.0, and got a number of
plugins already. Overall development process for plugins is still not fully
We initially thought that having all the plugins in one repo on stackforge
is Ok, we also put some docs into existing fuel-docs repo, and specs to
We might need a change here. Plugins are not tight to any particular
release date, and they can also be separated each from other in terms of
committers and core reviewers. Also, it seems to be pretty natural to keep
all docs and design specs associated with particular plugin.
With all said, following best dev practices, it is suggested to:
1. Have a separate stackforge repo per Fuel plugin in format
"fuel-plugin-<name>", with separate core-reviewers group which should have
plugin contributor initially
2. Have docs folder in the plugin, and ability to build docs out of it
- do we want Sphinx or simple Github docs format is Ok? So people can
just go to github/stackforge to see docs
3. Have specification in the plugin repo
- also, do we need Sphinx here?
4. Have plugins tests in the repo
Ideas / suggestions / comments?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev