[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Cluster replaced deployment of provisioning information

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 22 14:18:45 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I want to discuss the way we are working with deployment configuration that
were redefined for cluster.

In case it was redefined by API - we are using that information instead of
generated.
With one exception, we will generate new repo sources and path to manifest
if we are using update (patching feature in 6.0).

Starting from 6.1 this configuration will be populated by tasks, which is a
part of granular deployment
workflow and replacement of configuration will lead to inability to use
partial graph execution API.
Ofcourse it is possible to hack around and make it work, but imo we need
generic solution.

Next problem - if user will upload replaced information, changes on cluster
attributes, or networks, wont be reflected in deployment anymore and it
constantly leads to problems for deployment engineers that are using fuel.

What if user want to add data, and use generated of networks, attributes,
etc?
- it may be required as a part of manual plugin installation (ha_fencing
requires a lot of configuration to be added into astute.yaml),
- or you need to substitute networking data, e.g add specific parameters
for linux bridges

So given all this, i think that we should not substitute all information,
but only part that is present in
redefined info, and if there is additional parameters they will be simply
merged into generated info