[openstack-dev] [cinder] Request for clarification regarding deadline for new drivers in Kilo

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:31:46 UTC 2015

On 11:24 Wed 21 Jan     , Eduard Matei wrote:
> Hi,
> This weekend our driver [https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130733/] got a -2
> stating that "This is past the deadline for release of new drivers in
> Kilo." and "the deadline for new drivers passed at the end of Kilo-1. This
> needs to wait for the L release."
> But, in another mail on the mailing list we were informed:
> "
> If your driver is submitted *LATE* in k-1, and meets *all* the items above,
> but isn't merged, it will be still be considered for merge in k-2 or k-3.
> "
> The items above being that the blueprint is submitted, together with cert
> tests and the code is submitted to gerrit and that a CI is working.
> We had the blueprint, cert tests and code on gerrit *EARLY* in k-1 (first
> patchset was on Oct 24), blueprint was approved for k-1 and cert tests were
> posted.
> CI is under construction, and will be ready by March deadline.
> So, can someone from cinder core clarify why the driver is delayed to L
> when all items are met?

Would like to take this off the list. I replied to your review.

Mike Perez

More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list