[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas] Pool member status 'ACTIVE' even on health check failure

Varun Lodaya Varun_Lodaya at symantec.com
Tue Jan 20 06:33:09 UTC 2015

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for the response. My bad. Seems there is a small bug in horizon.
The moment you configure a health monitor, it shows up in the pool. I
thought it automatically got associated. But when I checked via CLI, it
was not. After associating it via CLI (not able to associate it via
horizon, the drop down for health-monitors doesn¹t seem to work), it seems
to work fine :).

As per stats, ideally, it¹s good to get counters like:
ICMP successful requests: x
ICMP response  timeouts: y
ICMP response failures: z

HTTP successful responses: a
HTTP timeouts: b
.
.
.

Just an initial thought, this sort of verifies that monitors are working
as expected. Like in current situation, I had to manually login to the
server to see if the server is catering to any health-monitoring requests.

Even getting haproxy stats is not very straightforward, as you need to
open a unix socket in haproxy cfg and restart the haproxy instance which
might not be possible in production sometimes.

Thanks,
Varun